Year Community Panel was Established
The Los Angeles Refinery Community Advisory Council (CAC) was launched in 1995. The CAC provides an opportunity for refinery management to share information about the refinery with the members. The goal of the CAC is to create an atmosphere of open communication and partnership with neighboring communities.
The CAC is comprised of approximately 80 community leaders including: school principals and staff, neighbors, public safety officers, elected officials, nonprofit organizations and homeowners' associates from the areas surrounding our refineries in Carson and Wilmington.
The CAC is instrumental in helping us distribute information to our stakeholders. Every breakfast forum features a brief presentation on refinery operations, a health and safety update, community relations update, question and answer session and an opportunity for each community leader to talk about their own activities. Meetings are held quarterly to provide our members with current information.
- State of California Senate, Devoted Service to the Community
- Los Angeles Board of Education, Commitment to the Students and Families of the Los Angeles School District
- City of Los Angeles, Certificate of Recognition
- Wilmington YMCA, Business Partner of the Year
- City of Los Angeles, Continued Support of the Gang Alternatives Program (GAP)
- Los Angeles Police Department, Support of the “Helping Badge Program”
- City of Los Angeles, Sponsorship of the Inaugural Veterans Appreciation Festival
- Provided summer Internships to two local high school students
Meetings are held quarterly on Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at the Wilmington Refinery.