community advisory panel
The Wood River Community Advisory Panel (CAP) was established in 2003. At that time, the panel included approximately nine community and seven refinery members. The CAP met periodically to share refinery information and discuss community impact. In 2004, the CAP determined that it was ready to expand membership and have a more visible and active presence in the surrounding communities. As a result, the CAP hired an external facilitator to help manage meeting logistics and assist with the ongoing development of the committee. In 2005, the CAP engaged in a strategic planning process to define its vision, mission, values and goals and continues to review its goals annually. The CAP's goals include:
- Increasing awareness of CAP within the community and the refinery;
- Enhancing membership of CAP by increasing community participation;
- Developing a community outreach plan that includes at least one event;
- Identifying current refinery and community issues or concerns and share future states; and
- Increasing CAP outreach to the surrounding communities including an annual service project.
The Wood River Community Advisory Plan (CAP) is comprised of approximately 15 to 17 community members and five to seven company members and is guided by an external facilitator with administrative support from the refinery.
New members are nominated by current members according to the needs of the CAP. Nomination and voting take place during a CAP meeting or through e-mail, as appropriate. New members will be invited first by members of the CAP and then receive a follow-up letter from the CAP facilitator to confirm acceptance.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
24-hour community awareness hotline
For More Information
Phone: (618) 255-3001