Phillips 66 Response to COVID-19
At Phillips 66, the safety of our employees, contractors and communities is our top priority. Because of this, we are taking proactive measures to protect the health and safety of our employees and the public during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As part of a critical infrastructure industry, Phillips 66 provides an essential service to the nation and our communities, and we have an ongoing obligation to continue operating. The
President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America emphasizes that those working in this industry have a special responsibility to maintain normal work schedules.
Planning and Preparedness
Pandemic planning teams have been meeting regularly. Business continuity plans have been reviewed, tested and are being activated as we closely monitor information from subject matter experts, including
The Centers for Disease Control, the
World Health Organization, other health authorities and government at all levels.
During this challenging time, we are actively taking steps to mitigate business risk while continuing to ensure safe and reliable operations across our portfolio. Our commitment to providing energy and improving lives remains steadfast as we focus on meeting the needs of our customers and stakeholders.
Keeping Employees Safe and Informed
We have taken steps to protect and educate employees as we do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Ensuring our employees have real-time access to information on our Virus Prevention Hub internal site
- Implementing travel restrictions
- Putting restrictions in place regarding visitors at our facilities
- Encouraging and practicing
social distancing measures in alignment with the recommendation of health authorities
- Utilizing technology while implementing remote working practices
- Leveraging our excused leave with pay and hardship assistance practices for our employees
- Promoting proven personal hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, and keeping environments clean, as well as providing additional cleaning services at our facilities
Status of Operations
All Phillips 66 assets are operational at this time. Many of our refineries are running at reduced rates, and major turnarounds have been delayed at several locations. The company does not share specifics on future planned maintenance schedules.
For more on actions that Phillips 66 is taking in response to the challenging business environment,
read the news release here
Message to Our Workers and Other Stakeholders
Employees and full-time contractors should visit the Virus Prevention Hub on the company intranet site for the latest information and sign up to receive updates via text blasting. All other key stakeholders are encouraged to maintain communications with normal Phillips 66 contacts and to visit this page often for updates.
For further information regarding Phillips 66, visit