Interested in working at this refinery?
The Wood River Refinery is located in Roxana, Illinois, about 15 miles northeast of St. Louis, Missouri, at the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. Refinery facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, alkylation, hydrocracking, hydrodesulfurization and delayed coking units. The refinery produces a high percentage of transportation fuels. Other products produced include petrochemical feedstocks, asphalt and fuel-grade petroleum coke. Refined petroleum products are distributed to customers throughout the Midcontinent region by pipeline, railcar, barge and truck.
Clean Product Yield Capability: 81%
Nelson Complexity Factor: 11.0
Gasolines Production: 88 MBD*
Distillates Production: 70 MBD*
Crude Throughput: 173 MBD
Total Throughput: 180 MBD
* Clean product capacities are maximum rates for each clean product category, independent of each other. They are not additive when calculating the clean product yield capability for each refinery.
(MBD) Thousand Barrels Per Day
HISTORY: Built in 1917
LOCATION: Roxana, Illinois, about 15 miles northeast of St. Louis, Missouri
SIZE: 2,200 acres (approx.)
WORKFORCE: More than 1,100 employees (including on-site contractors)
- Transportation fuels (gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel)
- Petrochemical feedstocks
- Tank truck
Community Advisory Panel
Year established: 2003
The Wood River Community Advisory Panel (CAP) was established in 2003. At that time, the panel included approximately nine community and seven refinery members. The CAP met periodically to share refinery information and discuss community impact. In 2004, the CAP determined that it was ready to expand membership and have a more visible and active presence in the surrounding communities. As a result, the CAP hired an external facilitator to help manage meeting logistics and assist with the ongoing development of the committee. In 2005, the CAP engaged in a strategic planning process to define its vision, mission, values and goals and continues to review its goals annually. The CAP’s goals include:
- Increasing awareness of CAP within the community and the refinery
- Enhancing membership of CAP by increasing community participation
- Developing a community outreach plan that includes at least one event
- Identifying current refinery and community issues or concerns and share future states
- Increasing CAP outreach to the surrounding communities including an annual service project
The Wood River Community Advisory Plan is comprised of approximately 15 to 17 community members and five to seven company members and is guided by an external facilitator with administrative support from the refinery.
New members are nominated by current members according to the needs of the CAP. Nomination and voting take place during a CAP meeting or through e-mail, as appropriate. New members will be invited first by members of the CAP and then receive a follow-up letter from the CAP facilitator to confirm acceptance.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month from 4-6 p.m.
Call (618) 255-3375 for more information.